Dr. Tunc Tiryaki
Clinical Associate Professor
Dr. Tunc Tiryaki is a world-renowned plastic surgeon,
seeing his patients at Tiryaki Clinic Istanbul and operating at Cadogan Clinic London.
Dr. Tiryaki is a pioneer in stem cell assisted mini face-lifts that produce a younger but natural looking appearance with no visible scars. He is globally renowned for his minimally invasive procedures, particularly suspension techniques, micro-lifting, and regenerative cell injections to generate youth.
My experience with Mr. Tunc was excellent. I have suffered from a facial infection in August 2020, went though 5 operations with the NHS where doctors were trying to save my life. This experience left me with a substantial loss of volume on the right side of the face. Dr. Tunc and his team gave me confidence that the damage could be restored, he took his time to explain to me in full detail what the procedure entails as well as possible downsides. On the day of my surgery he explained everything regarding the operation which put me at ease. Recovery takes a couple of weeks, but outstanding results are totally worth it. Mr. Tunc is the master of his craft and I would recommend 100%.
Dr. Tiryaki is the editor of the internationally published ‘Inverse Abdominoplasty’, as well as the co -author of the ‘Stem Cell Therapies’ chapter of a major two-volume textbook on the area of plastic surgery. Currently, he is writing two more international textbooks on Face-lifting and Micro-lifting. His techniques and research are widely published and holds patents for his innovative techniques in the area of regenerative and plastic surgery. Dr. Tiryaki also serves as the Section Editor of the international journal ‘Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’.
COMMITTED TO HELP
‘My father always told me that the best thing you can do in life is to change something for the better.’
Dr. Tiryaki is the Chair of Humanitarian Programs at the International Society of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS), and founder of ISAPS-LEAP Surgical Relief Teams that conducts volunteer reconstructive surgery operations all around the world. He has personally joined surgical volunteer missions in the countries including Kazakhstan, Georgia, Syria, Jordan, Sudan; he also led emergency rescue missions during the 1999 earthquake and the 2011 earthquakes in Turkey.
BIOGRAPHY OF DR. TIRYAKI
A pioneer in the world of face-lifting, Dr. Tunc Tiryaki is a board-certified consultant plastic surgeon, driven by a desire to help his patients look – and feel – like the best version of themselves. Whether it’s slowing the early signs of ageing or rejuvenating a face that has fallen over time, he blends cutting-edge techniques with unparalleled expertise – for a bespoke yet minimally-invasive procedure that refreshes the face and enlivens the spirit.
As one of the few face-lift specialists in the UK, Dr. Tiryaki lectures around the world on his innovative methods. The son of Professor Dr. Demir Tiryaki, a professor of molecular biology, he is fascinated by fat-derived stem cells and harnesses their regenerative powers to create a more harmonious facial appearance. In combination with his own-developed micro-lifting and scar-less suspension techniques, the years are reversed, revealing a fresher face. Little wonder he was recognised as one of the best face-lift surgeons in the UK by Tatler magazine. However, his skill also lies in unravelling the psychological motivations and anxieties that patients experience when embarking upon a procedure. He counsels those under his care with humanity: emphasising the importance of doing something for oneself while empowering them to see their surgical journey as a positive chapter in their life. This revolutionary outlook sets him apart from conventional surgeons and Dr. Tiryaki is adamant that fighting against ageing is good for the soul: scientific data shows that when you appear younger, the brain behaves as if you are younger. Doing so switches back on the regenerative mechanisms within the body and accelerates its ability to heal – leading to long-lasting rejuvenation.
Dr Tiryaki has been leading a team of internationally acclaimed plastic surgeons at the pinnacle of the industry alongside biotechnology and genetic engineers from Harvard University to develop treatments and products in regenerative surgery and regenerative anti-ageing. Six years of research and development in the field of autologous stem cell therapies and exosomes has culminated in the development of revolutionary medical devices, as well as new-generation skincare and wound-healing products. As an inventor and entrepreneur, he sits on several boards, including Lipocube Biomedicals, a medical device used for regenerative procedures which he helped invent, as well as Recure Cosmetics, a cord blood based skin care line.
An active member of several international surgical societies, Dr. Tiryaki splits his time between his native Istanbul and London, where he works from the Cadogan Clinic in Chelsea. He holds the position of Section Editor for the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal and has authored several internationally published publications on regenerative facelifts and micro-lifting, as well as the first medical textbook on inverse abdominoplasties. Dr. Tiryaki also sits on several advisory boards, including Mentor Breast Implants and Lipocube – a ground-breaking device that he helped invent. He is honoured to have received prestigious awards, such as the Young Surgeon Award from the Turkey Society of Plastic Surgery, Best Electronic Paper Award from the 2008 World Congress of ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) and Commended for Aesthetic Award 2021 in the category ‘Best Surgical Result’.
As a Clinical Associate Professor, Dr. Tiryaki is also passionate about imparting his knowledge to other doctors. In addition to instigating fellowship and observership programmes for young surgeons, he leads personal courses on face-lifting and chairs the London Regenerative Plastic Surgery Meeting. Dr. Tiryaki is the Chair of Humanitarian Programmes of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). He co-founded the ISPEA-LEAP Disaster Relief Teams, which lead emergency rescue reconstructive surgery missions to earthquake-stricken corners of the globe. Furthermore, as a participant of Interplast Cleft Missions, he has travelled to Kazakhstan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Sudan, and Jordan to administer life-changing surgeries for patients in need. This unwavering loyalty to patients everywhere (in combination with his desire to push the surgical boundaries and his unusually philosophical approach) is what makes Dr. Tiryaki unique. Forbes refers to him as “the surgeon to the stars”, but he is the surgeon for everyone.
Recognized by his peers and patients as one of the
most pre-eminent surgeons in the world
Dr. Tiryaki has been bestowed numerous awards and honours. He was elected as one of the best face-lift surgeons in the UK by Tatler magazine; furthermore, he has been widely covered by national/international media, like BBC, Forbes, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, Cosmopolitan, Vogue, and many more.
Head of Inter-University
3/2000 – 8/2000
New York University, Plastic
Surgery Department, New
Kocaeli University, Faculty of
Medicine, Department of Plastic
and Reconstructive Surgery
9/1994 – 9/1995
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty
of Medicine, Department of Plastic
and Reconstructive Surgery
9/1993 – 7/1994
Istanbul University, Istanbul
Faculty of Medicine
1988 – 1994
Istanbul University, Istanbul
Faculty of Medicine (graduated
with honours degree)
German School of Istanbul
Surgery, Mage Srl,
Aesthetic Surgery Journal (ASJ) Editorial Board
KOL and Trainer
Mentor, Johnson &
The International Society of
Dermatologic Surgery (ISDS)
SkinCeuticals of Turkey
Chair of Humanitarian Programs
ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
Director of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department
Gayrettepe Florence Nightingale Hospital,
Oymak Plastic Surgery Clinic
Turkish Society of Aesthetic Surgery
International Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal
Turkish Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Lipocube Ltd, UK
Teaching and Training Experiences
- Trainer, IMCAS Live Webinar, Exosomes in Aesthetics, 6 July 2021
- Trainer, ISAPS 1st Balkan Symposium Aesthetic Surgery Trends, 19 June 2021
- Trainer, The Second International Congress ‘Multidisciplinary Aesthetic Medicnine. Science, Practice, Beauty (SBP), 18 June 2021
- Trainer, BTS (Beauty Through Science), 17 June 2021
- Trainer, ISAPS Regenerative Medicine Course, 29 May 2021
- Lecturer, Johnson & Johnson, 13 May 2021
- Lecturer, Johnson & Johnson, EMEA Breast Surgery e-Conference: Revision Surgery, 23 April 2021
- Lecturer, ISPRES Webinar, 12 April 2021
- Trainer, ISAPS Virtual Event, 27 March 2021
- Lecturer, Lipocube Slovak Meeting, 25 March 2021
- Trainer, TPRECD (Turkish Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) Meeting, 14 March 2021
- Trainer, 13th American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting, 14 February 2021
- Trainer, Eleventh International Conference on Regenerative Surgery, 10 December 2020
- Trainer, GÄCD Conference, 14 November 2020
- Trainer, ISAPS Master Class, 7 November 2020
- Trainer, PSCS Philipine Virtual Congress 2020, 24 October 2020
- Trainer, IMCAS Asia Class, 17 October 2020
- Lecturer, Lipocube Academy, online webinar on ‘Regenerative Therapies with Adipose Derived Stem Cells (ADSC), 23 September 2020
- Trainer, ISAPS Virtual Olympiad, 5 September 2020
- Trainer, Thai Society of Dermatology, July 18 2020
- Lecturer, MaxillaFacial Surgeon, online webinar on ‘Stem Cells and Facial Rejuvenation’, 7 July 2020
- Trainer, IMCAS World Congress 2020, 30 January-1 February 2020, Paris, France
- Lecturer, Tiryaki Clinic, online webinar on ‘Breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast reconstruction and male breast reduction’, 12 May 2020
- Lecturer, Tiryaki Clinic, online webinar on ‘Nose’, 21 April 2020
- Lecturer, Lipocube Academy, online course on ‘Live Regenerative Plastic Surgery Master Course’, 8 February 2020
- Trainer, IFATS 2019, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics and Science, 4-7 December 2019, Marseille, France
- Visiting Lecturer, Yeni Yüzyıl University Medical Faculty on ‘Body and Breast Reconstructive Surgery’, 2018-2019, İstanbul, Turkey
- Trainer, 1st London Live Regenerative Plastic Surgery Meeting (Co-Director), 29-30th November, 2019 London, UK
- Trainer, GAC 2019, 3rd Global Aesthetic Conference, 31 October-3 November 2019, Miami, USA
- Trainer, ASPS 2019, Plastic Surgery Meeting, 20-23 September 2019, San Diego, USA
- Trainer, Tenth International Conference On Regenerative Surgery, 21-22 June 2019, Rome, Italy
- Trainer, BTS, Beauty Through Science Meeting, 5-8 June, Stockholm, Sweden
- Trainer, XIX. Spring Academy of the VDÄPC 2019, 16-17 May 2019, Munich, Germany
- Trainer, Regenerative Therapies Master Course, May 2019, Greece
- Trainer, Microlift and Stemcell Course, 2-3 May, İstanbul, Turkey
- Trainer, IDEA Congress 2019, 24-28 April 2019, İstanbul, Turkey
- Trainer, Imcas Annual World Congress, 31th January-2nd February 2019, Paris, France
- Trainer, 14th International Live Surgery Symposium, 06-09th December 2018, Frankfurt, Germany
- Trainer, ISAPS Miami Congress, October 31st, November 4th 2018, Miami, USA
- Trainer, 5CC, August 29th – September 2nd 2018, Barcelona, Spain
- Trainer, Academy of Aesthetic Medicines & Surgery, July 2018, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Trainer, IMCAS Asia 2018, July 2018, Bangkok, Thailand
- Trainer, Marbella International Plastic Surgery Summer School, June 2018, Malaga, Spain
- Trainer, Vegas Cosmetic Surgery, June 2018, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Trainer, Johnson & Johnson Medical Mentor Surgical Excellence Symposium 2018, May 2018
- Trainer, Royal Academy of Medicine, 3 September 2018, Dublin, Ireland
- Trainer, Belgrade Breast, April 2018, Belgrade, Serbia
- Trainer, Moscow Breast Meeting, March 2017, Live Surgery, Russia
- Trainer, IMCAS Paris, The World Aesthetic Meeting, January 2017, France
- Trainer, Darmstadt ISDS Meeting, 2016, Live Surgery, Germany
- Trainer, IMCAS Asia 2016″, 29-31 July 2016, Taipei, Taiwan
- Trainer, Multi-Speciality Congress, May 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Trainer, ISAPS Teaching Course, May 2016, Tunis Tunis
- Trainer, ISAPS Teaching Course, April 2016, Cape Town, S. Africa
- Trainer, Monaco Aesthetic Meeting, April 2016, Monaco
- Lecturer, IX. Plastic Surgery Resident Academy, on ‘Non-surgical Aesthetic Attempts on Face’ and ‘Regenerative Medical Applications’, 15-19 April 2016, Antalya
- Trainer, ISDS Meeting, International Society of Dermatologic Surgery Course, February 2016, Munich, Germany
- Trainer, IMCAS Paris, The World Aesthetic Meeting, January 2016, Paris, France
- Trainer, DASIL Dermatologic Surgery Meeting, April 2016, Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam
- Trainer, IMCAS China, April 2015, Shanghai, Multiple Courses and Lectures
- Trainer, Plastic Surgery at the Red Sea, March 2015, Eilat, Israel, Multiple Courses and Lectures
- Trainer, 22nd Congress of ISAPS September 2014 Facial Surgery: Achieving Long Lasting Results, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Multiple Courses and Lectures
- Trainer, Sixth International Conference on Regenerative Surgery, December 2015, Rome, Italy, Multiple Courses and Lectures
- Trainer,American-Brazilian Meeting, February 2015, Utah, Multiple Courses and Lectures
- Trainer, London Breast Meeting September 2014 How I carry out on augmentation – Mastopexy, Composite breast augmentation with stem cell enriched tissue injections, London, UK
- Trainer, ASAPS Vegas Cosmetic Surgery Congress, June 2014 Las Vegas, USA, Multiple Courses and Lectures
- Trainer, ISAPS Congress, May 2014, Endolifting of the Face, Baku, Azerbaijan
- Lecturer, VII. Plastic Surgery Resident Academy, on ‘Aesthetic Views on Body’, 12-19 April 2014, Antalya
- Lecturer, VI. Plastic Surgery Resident Academy, on ‘Minimal Aesthetic Views on Face’, 27 April-4 May 2013, Antalya
- Trainer, Fat Grafting Forum “Minimally invasive mid-face lifting-resolving the check-mate” February 2013, Las Vegas USA
- Trainer, The 5th American-Brazilian Meeting, “Set Injections, do we know what we are doing?” February 2013, Utah, USA
- Trainer, Aesthetic Surgery Tutorials –”Reverse Abdominoplasty, Single Stage Mastopexy and Augmentation”, November 2012 Goa, India
- Trainer, 21st Congress of ISAPS – “Stem Cell Tissue Injections in Plastic Surgery” September 2012 Geneva, Switzerland
- Lecturer, II. Plastic Surgery Resident Academy, on ‘Aesthetic Surgery’, 19-26 May 2009, Antalya
Professional Society Memberships
• International Society of Plastic Regenerative Surgeons (ISPRES), since 2021 • IMCAS Scientific Board, since 2019 • ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons), since 2017 • SkinCeuticals of Turkey, since 2017 • ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons), since 2010 • ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery), since 2007 • TPCD, Turkish Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, since 2000 • Turkish Society of Aesthetic Surgery, since 2000 • Turkish Medical Association (TTB), since 2000 • Interplast Turkey Society, Physicians for Peace Organisation, since 1996 • EPCD (Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Association), since 1996
International Voluntary Surgery Missions
Kentav, Cımkent, Turkistan Mission, 15-22 May 2001
Kazakhstan Batum, Tbilisi Mission, 20-29 June 2003, Georgia
Aleppo, Aleppo State Hospital, Cleft lip and palate surgery mission, May 2005, Syria
• Clinical Associate Professor (2020)
• GMC registration with a full license to practice in UK (2015)
• Turkish Medical Board Examinations (ranked in top 1%)
• USMLE Step 1, March 1996
• USMLE Step 2, October 1997
• Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Board Examination
• Commended for Aesthetic Award 2021 in the category ‘Best Surgical Result’
• Best Electronic Paper (Shuttle Lifting of the Face) award in the 2008 World Congress of ISAPS in Melbourne, Australia.
• Jury’s Special Award in 1999 by TPCD (Turkish Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons), İstanbul, Turkey
REAL PATIENT TESTIMONIALS
‘Dr. Tiryaki was meticulous. This man is the best his business. Couldn’t be more pleased with the natural looking. His staffs are kind efficient and excellent communicators.’
‘Dr. Tiryaki is most definitely a wonderful doctor. He knows his stuff so very well. I’m so happy that I met him. I would highly recommend him to everyone! I will give him 5*’
‘Dr.Tiryaki is the BEST in his field, also a very humanistic personality who keeps you updated all through the way. Very reachable team who is available at all times. Absolutely recommendable!’
‘Dr. Tiryaki is an excellent surgeon. You feel very comfortable and in capable hands. I would highly recommend him. The clinic and staff are also great. I am very happy with the results.’
Books and Recent Publications
• Regenerative Facial Surgery, Steven R. Cohen, MD; Tunc Tiryaki, MD; Patrick L. Tonnard, MD, PhD; Alexis M. Verpaele, MD, PhD, 2022
• Standardized Anatomic and Regenerative Facial Fat Grafting: Objective Photometric Evaluation From 1-19 Months After Injectable Tissue Replacement and Regeneration, Tiryaki T. et. Al, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2021
• Adipose-derived Stromal Vascular Matrix (SVM): A new paradigm in Regenerative Medicine, Tiryaki T. Et al, CellR4 Journal, 2021
• In-Vitro Comparative Examination of the Effect of Stromal Vascular Fraction Isolated by Mechanical and Enzymatic Methods on Wound Healing, Tiryaki T. Et al, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2020
• Cellular Optimization of Nanofat: Comparison of Two Nanofat Processing Devices in Terms of Cell Count and Viability, Tiryaki T. et al, The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2019.
• Influences of Age, Gender, and Body Mass Index on the Thickness of the Abdominal Fatty Layers and its Relevance for Abdominal Liposuction and Abdominoplasty, Tiryaki T. et al, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2019.
• Mekanik ve Enzimatik Yöntem ile İzole Edilen Stromal Vasküler Fraksiyon’un Yara İyilesmesi Üzerindeki Etkisinin in Vitro İncelenmesi, Tiryaki T, İstanbul Üniversitesi Yayınevi, 2019.
• Stammzellenangereicherte Fettinjektion in der ästhetischen, rekonstruktiven Brustchirurgie, Tiryaki, T. & Canikyan, S. Journal für Ästhetische Chirurgie, 2019.
• Topical Nanofat Biocrème Improves Aesthetic Outcomes of Nonablative Fractionated Laser Treatment: A Preliminary Report, Tiryaki T. et al. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2019.
• Commentary on: Rejuvenating the Face: An Analysis of 100 Absorbable Suture Suspension Patients, Tiryaki T, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2017.
• Communication Concepts for Prevention and Early Intervention in Aesthetic Medicine: Consensus and Literature Review, Tiryaki T. et al, Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, 2017.
• Inverse Abdominoplasty, An Illustrated Guide, Tiryaki T, Springer, 2016.
• Regenerative Surgery Chapter, Tiryaki T, Calabrese C, Findikli N, Plastic Surgery Textbook, Toth B, 2015.
• Micro-Shuttle Lifting of the Neck: A Percutaneous Loop Suspension Method Using a Novel Double-Ended Needle. Tiryaki T, Aksungur E, Grotting JC. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2016.
- Staged stem cell-enriched tissue (SET) injections for soft tissue augmentation in hostile recipient areas: A preliminary report, Tiryaki T, Findikli N, Tiryaki D, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2011.
- Shuttle Lifting of the Nose: A minimally invasive approach to the nose: Tiryaki T, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2010
- Shuttle Lifting of the Face: A percutaneous purse string suture suspension method for facial rejuvenation, Tiryaki T, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Abstract supplement, 2008.
- Shuttle Lifting of the Nose, Tiryaki T, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, 2008.
- New Concepts in Facial Rejuvenation: Minimal Invasive Procedures and Their Synergic Applications, Tiryaki T, Turkiye Klinikleri J Cosm Dermatol-Special Topics, 2008.
- The Effect of Cultured Autologous Fibroblasts on Longevity of Cross-Linked Hyaluronic Acid Used as A Filler, Solakoglu S, Tiryaki T, Eroglu Ciloglu S, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2008.
- Eyebrow asymmetry: Definition and symmetrical correction using botulinum toxin A, Tiryaki T, N. Eroglu Ciloglu S, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2007.
- Preoperatif Kemoterapinin (Paklitaksel) Periferik Sinir Rejenerasyonuna Etkisi: Deneysel Ön Çalışma, Tiryaki T, Ağır H, Ünal Ç, Türk Plastik Rekonstrüktif ve Estetik Cerrahi Dergisi, 2007.
- A very severe hand pathology with a possible diagnosis of onychogryposis, Agir, H., Tiryaki T, Cek, Deniz I, Aytemiz C, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2005.
- Sünnet Komplikasyonu Sonucu Oluşan Uretral Fistul Ve Fasya Lata Grefti İle Onarimi, Tiryaki T, Türk Plastik Rekonstrüktif ve Estetik Cerrahi Dergisi (Turk J Plast Surg), 2005.
- The findings of magnetic resonance imaging in Pierre Robin syndrome, Uzunismail A, Tiryaki T, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Journal of American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2000.
GET A CONSULTATION