Brazilian Butt Lift
You will have young and natural looking buttocks that are totally in balance with your shape.
Brazilian Butt Lift (Buttock Contouring)
Buttock contouring is used where the volume of the buttock is not seen as being satisfactory or if there have been prolapses in the area. As with other areas of the body (Face, Breasts etc) over time the tissues can begin to sag and lose volume. The two main areas where a lift maybe required include where there is an adequate amount of tissue but the buttocks hang downwards and secondly where there is not enough tissue. There are a number of procedures that can be used to correct both problems.
This procedure can be conducted under general anaesthesia or sedation and most procedures last between 60 and 90 minutes. Recovery time is relatively quick and most patients can resume their normal lifestyle after 4-5 days.
There are a number of methods that can be used to shape the buttocks. These include;
Using fillers, using the patient’s own tissues (redistributing fat tissues), using implants and/or using stem cell enriched fat (higher rate or permanence).
During the consultation process, Dr. Tiryaki will advise the patient on the most suitable procedure or combination of procedures required for the optimum outcome.
Guidelines for surgery
The following guidelines apply for all types of surgery
- Use of all blood thinners should be stopped (under guidance from Dr Tiryaki)
- Smoking should stop from the date of the operation until 10-14 days after the treatment. Any activities that will increase blood pressure should also be halted.
- You will be able to return home the same day
- This surgery is performed under general anaesthetic or sedation
- Most surgeries take less than 60 minutes to perform
- Initial recovery takes 4-5 days
- If implants are used during the surgery, the patient will never be able to have injections into the buttock area
- The patient will need to sleep face down for the first few days and take care when sitting
- There should be no scarring as the incisions are very small.
- If the procedure has harvested fat using liposuction, the guidelines for Liposuction should also be followed
Before and after pictures would be helpful
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main factors to be considered before buttock contouring surgery?
As with all surgical procedures generally, patients should avoid using blood thinners, limit drinking alcohol and smoking as much as possible and ideally, stop altogether in the last couple of days before the surgery.
What factors should be considered after surgery?
This depends on the type of surgery. If implants have been placed or if fat injection has been carried out via liposuction, patients will need to wear a compression garment after surgery. There is no need for special care, other than sleeping face downwards and being careful when sitting and standing up. If implants are used in the surgery, the patient should never have buttock injections.
Are any scars left after buttock contouring?
If the buttock contouring is done with implants, there will be a 3 to 4cm incision scar in the area between the buttocks. Other methods of buttock contouring use injections, so there are no scars.
Which areas are suitable for the derivation of the fat tissue to be injected on buttocks?
The fat tissue needed for buttock contouring can be derived from anywhere in patient’s body where there is excess fat. The tummy, belly, thighs, inner legs and knees are ideal areas for this.
Who are the best candidates for buttock contouring?
Buttock contouring is especially suitable for people who have flat, sagging or asymmetric buttocks, buttocks that are too small compared to their bodies or those who have lost the natural shape of their buttocks as a result of weight loss or age. The method of buttock contouring will be decided during examination and consultation with the patient.