You too can have a natural looking nose that perfectly suits your face shape.
If the overall bone structure and shape of the nose is good, but the patient feels that the tip of the nose if dropping or too wide then a Tip Plasty is a good option to consider. This procedure focuses on reshaping the cartilage at the end of the nose, so as long as Dr Tiryaki agrees that cartilage is the cause of the current shape a Tip Plasty might the most suitable option to achieve the desired aesthetic outcome.
The procedure is relatively short and takes 20-30 minutes to complete. This is a day surgery performed under local anaesthetic and does not require an overnight stay for the patient.
There are no visible scars and most patient experience no pain or discomfort as a consequence of the surgery. Any protective dressings are removed 7 days after the surgery.
Can I visualise the outcome before surgery?
Yes, Dr Tiryaki will use 3D imagery to demonstrate the look that can be achieved after surgery.
Guidelines for surgery
The following guidelines apply for all types of surgery
- Use of all blood thinners should be stopped (under guidance from Dr Tiryaki)
- Smoking should stop from the date of the operation until 10-14 days after the treatment. Any activities that will increase blood pressure should also be halted.
- You will be able to return home on the day of your surgery
- As the area of where the incisions are made is not visible there will be no visible scars from the procedure
- To undergo Tip Plasty the patient should be at least 18 years old
- Candidates for Tip Plasty will usually have drooping of the nose tip, uncertainty of the nose tip, flatness, wider nasal wings, cartilage issues or a split nose tip
- Silicon splints might be used to support the change in shape, these will be removed 1-2 days after the surgery. Paper band dressings protective the shape change will remain in place for 7 days after the surgery
- Most patients report this surgery to be painless, any mild discomfort felt can be managed using simple painkillers
- The final results of the Tip Plasty are immediately visible, however, there may be some oedema in which case the final outcome will not be seen until this has settled down over a couple of weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
As with all surgical procedures, it is advised to stop using blood thinners before the operation.
In order for the nose to keep its reshaped form, it is important to keep the paper bands in place for 7 days and to avoid any direct impact on the nose after the operation. As a precaution, blood thinners and food and products which might cause allergy should be avoided.
Since the procedure does not require any interventions on bones, this is a painless operation. In cases where there is pain, it is easily controlled with standard pain killers.
The surgery is usually done with a small incision and on areas where the incision is not visible, so there there are no scars. The suture line heals and disappears completely over time.
As with all surgical operations, it is recommended that the patient’s body is fully developed. Generally, the patient should be at least 18 years old.
No dropping or collapsing occurs after a Tip Plasty operation. The results are permanent unless the nose is exposed to serious impact from an external source.
The patient will see the change in their nose immediately after the operation, but the final results will be visible after minor, post-operational bruising and oedema is healed.
Silicone nasal splints are used in Tip Plasty surgery. These are released the day after the operation.